(8 hrs) - For those with a verifiable UKSF, RMP or Police close protection background
Excellentia Limited is affiliated to Edexcel to provide the BTEC Level 3 Certificate in Close Protection. This qualification is designed for people who want to work as close protection officers and require a licence to practice. The qualification is endorsed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA) and learners who have completed it successfully can then apply to the SIA for a licence.
It is an SIA regulatory guided learning hours (GLH) qualification that consists of one mandatory unit, providing for a total of 16 credits.
The unit comprises the knowledge, understanding and skills required to become a licensed close protection operative. It will be assessed partly by a written test and partly by practical assessment. The unit encompasses the following sessions:
Close Protection Specialist Module
- Session 1: Roles and Responsibilities of the Close Protection Operative
- Session 2: Threat and Risk Assessment
- Session 3: Surveillance Awareness
- Session 4: Operational Planning
- Session 5: Law and Legislation
- Session 6: Interpersonal Skills
- Session 7: Close Protection Teamwork and Briefing
- Session 8: Conduct Reconnaissance
- Session 9: Close Protection Foot Drills
- Session 10: Route Selection
- Session 11: Close Protection Journey Management
- Session 12: Search Procedures
- Session 13: Incidents Management
- Session 14: Venue-Based Security
Conflict Management Module
- Session 1: Avoiding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
- Session 2: Defusing Conflict
- Session 3: Resolving and Learning from Conflict
- Session 4: Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for security guarding Close Protection
Arrangements for exemptions and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) are as follows:
Candidates who have completed formal close protection training from the organisations listed below and have remained in an operational close protection role, will be exempt from further training but will be required to take the knowledge test and a practical skills assessment.
- Special Air Service Regiment Body Guard Course
- Royal Military Police Close Protection Course
- Metropolitan Police Royalty Protection/Special Branch Close Protection Course
- Police National Close Protection Courses including Northern Ireland
It is important to ensure that training remains current. Therefore, qualifications allowing exemption from the SIA approved training must be no more than three years old, except where otherwise stated. This qualification can be completed in one day providing the conditions above are met and the relevant First Aid qualification is held.
Please Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Please contact our London office on + 44 (0)207 060 2130 to speak with our training team or use our Contact Us page.
RPL Close Protection PDF