This regulated first aid qualiﬁcation is speciﬁc to infants aged under 1, and children aged from 1 year old to the onset of puberty. This qualification is the first unit (day one) of the AoFAQ Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (QCF). This latter qualification meets the requirements of the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) as issued by the department for Education and Skills Foundation Stage relating to Early Years childcare. Also approved by the Association of First Aiders.
Suitable for security staff where children are present, parents, school staff, childcare providers, childminders in schools, nursery schools, babysitters, pre-schools and staff involved in childminding.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant/child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant / child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who is choking
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
- Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child who is suffering from shock
- Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
Excellentia L3 Paediatric First Aid Courses (1 day, with previous med qualification):
- MARCH course: Fri 9 March 2018
- JUNE course Fri 8 June 2018
- SEPTEMEBER course: Fri 7 September 2018
- NOVEMBER course: Fri 30 November 2018