The Edexcel Level 2 BTEC Award IHCD First Person on Scene (FPOS) qualification is available at a basic and intermediate level. It has been designed to equip learners with the skills, knowledge and confidence to help a person in a life threatening situation. Areas covered include:
• Scene safety
• Minimising the risk of infection
• Patient assessment
• Basic life support and automated defibrillation (to re-start the heart)
• Providing initial emergency patient care
• Being part of a medical response.
This qualification has been developed with the NHS Ambulance Services and is clinically endorsed by the Faculty of Pre-hospital Care. FPOS also meets the Security Industry Authority first aid requirements for Close Protection, and can be delivered internationally.
Who are both qualifications for?
The basic and intermediate qualifications are designed for:
• Those who are likely to be first on the scene of an emergency incident when a person’s life is in danger
• Community responders
• Fire and police personnel
• Industrial first aiders
• Those who want to achieve more than First Aid.
Cost £400 +VAT Accommodation is not included but is available upon request